Note: This blog has been moved to http://blog.yuvisense.net

Friday, April 14, 2006

CSC....

Well, CSC is one of those Computer shops that turn out masses of semi-programmers who strive hard to contribute much to the DailyWTF. Yes, there'll be a Gem hidden somewhere from there, but it mostly turns out the kind of people who write the code that comes up in the DailyWTF. So, why am I writing about them now ?

Well, last Tuesday, we had a game of Cricket, and after that, one of my friends, Bala, had fallen prey to hype, and thought that the only way he could survive his life is to learn Java. So, a CSC Scholarship exam was to be held on Wednesday, and he wanted about 6 of us to come with him for the exam, since we were atleast partially interested in that.

So, we went there. Pleasant place. But, something was a bit ominous though. No computers on the outside. But, lots of posters. And, point was, Posters with Spelling Mistakes. Like, this one:
Scholarships available on First come, First Served Basic

Well, not just that. There was another full colour, Professionaly done, A3 Poster proudly saying :
To Get a Job, you don't have to be an expert in Technology. You have to answer Question in Interview Properly to get Job.


Well, that blew it, and I'd know that an Institution with such a stupid marketing won't be fit. And, after I saw the PII Machines with 14" Microtek Monitors, I knew they weren't going to use Eclipse or IntelliJ or anything else modern, and are going to stick with stupid EDIT and the command line. So, I quit. I advised my friend to Quit, but he was convinced that the only way for him to survive is to learn Java.

Well, let's watch this Experiment unfold....

4 Comments:

Blogger Yuvi Panda said...

Ramesh, and I don't think that *any* center use EDIT.exe as well.... And, if I were to get a Job by acting like a coder, I'd rather not get that Job....

4/15/2006 06:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Naa apovae sonnae, ketiyaa ?

4/17/2006 06:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is that CSC.... computer sciences corporation? just wondering, thanks

6/09/2006 07:23:00 AM  
Blogger Yuvi Panda said...

Yep, that's what it is, I guess..

6/09/2006 07:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home