Note: This blog has been moved to http://blog.yuvisense.net

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

My Projects....

Hi Again, Our School Projects have been Confirmed. I am doing 5, of which 2 are in .NET, fully developed by Me. One is an ASP.NET E-Commerce Application and the other one is a Multiplayer Chess, Voice and Chat Application for LAN. Since, As I have already mentioned, I am not having VS.NET, so, I am using Sharpdevelop for the the Chess Application. It's pretty much an OK IDE, but dosn't come any close to VS.NET. And, as for ASP.NET, I am still in a Dilemma. I tried WebMatrix, but it's lack of Intellisense is hindering me. If any of you have any Idea about what to do, please Leave a Comment here...... And, I have also got some other Project Ideas that won't do for the Exhibit, but are good nonetheless. One, for example, is enabing the Virtual Folders feature of Windows Vista in Windows XP and others. And By the Way, the Name Vista looks much much better than Longhorn;) Thanks, and Be Right Back....

3 Comments:

Blogger Saurabh said...

When we first started working on the Imagine Cup ... we had no tools ... so we had to use Sharp Develop ...

Its okay I guess ... but you'll run into problems while debugging and stuff ...

Anyways, the VS 2005 IDE is the best I have seen till now ... especially once you have installed Refractor ...

However, I have been told by people that other languages have still better IDEs ...

- Saurabh

8/05/2005 07:13:00 AM  
Blogger Yuvi Panda said...

Cool Saurabh, that u reached the Finals with only SharpDevelop! You are indeed Cool!

8/05/2005 07:22:00 AM  
Blogger Saurabh said...

Umm ... not exactly ...
Tho we wrote some part of the software in Sharp Develop, the Spoke was kind enough to allow us to download the Academic License of Visual Studio .Net 2003 along with the 3 MSDN CDs ...

Later for the finals, we moved onto Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 ... which again, MS very kindly lent us the copy of the DVD ...

- Saurabh

8/07/2005 08:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home