Note: This blog has been moved to http://blog.yuvisense.net

Friday, January 27, 2006

New Language..

Well, first the Buzzword was Platform Interoperability, and now It's Usability. Wherever you look, you see Usability and User Friendly User Interfaces.... Well, in all that hubub, Usability in Programming Languages seems to have been forgotten. Well, you'd know it if you tried to teach programming to someone who never knows a Toolbar from a Textbox, but can use PageMaker and Word... Well, so it is : My next project : A new Language : Easy! Well, me, some of my School buddies, and Aswin are doing it, and maybe, my School Buddies might turn out to be Beta, Alpha and Pre-Alpha testers:P And, well, I've already designed most of the Syntax of the Language, since I had nothing else to do today in School, since I've missed my Geography[sic] Book at home and had nothing to study with. So, I just converted some of my early C programmes into the would be Syntax of Easy. So, in such a way, I formed almost the complete Syntax of Easy, in about 2 hours... Well, here's the simple, classical Hello World Program in Easy :

Start Program Name="Hello World"  Author="Yuvi"
      Start Function Main
            Print "Hello World!" 
      End Function
End Function
Looks a Lot VBish, doesn't it ?:P Well, it could be also written as:
Start Program Name="Hello World" Author="Yuvi"

            Print "Hello World!" 

End Function
And, also as :
            Print "Hello World!" 
So, as an exercise, I'd also be learning many new languages, such as Python, Perl, Lua, LISP and Ruby. And thus, incorporate the easiest to use, and best features of all languages into mine... Well, my ever stupid brother has started whining to play some stupid game:( Why don't you go to his blog and bash him, or comment here and bash me ?:P Well, after my Geography Exam gets over tomorrow, fancy, I'd have a more complete post about Easy... Now, I want your opinions on this thing... So, just leave them for free... Thanks, and Keep the comments coming....

7 Comments:

Blogger Aswin Anand T.H. said...

Dude...let us get rid of the known keywords like function, procedure, sub etc. They give goose-bumps for a lot of people...Even i had long time back :-P

Speaking of this, im thinking of something else too. Thanks a lot to Sriram Krishnan for being the God.

1/27/2006 06:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best guys... I could see another James Gosling in the making.

1/27/2006 07:48:00 AM  
Blogger Yuvi Panda said...

Aswin, any better Idea for replacing function ? Till we get a better one, we can't get replace it:P

And yes, thanks to Sriram : Well, without him, VMs, Interpreters, Dynamic Typing, and Python/Ruby/Lua would have been buried somewhere in our "IdeaWikis":P

1/27/2006 07:59:00 AM  
Blogger Yuvi Panda said...

well na, it's just a small pet language, nothing great/revolutionary/powerfull/complete like Java:P

1/27/2006 07:59:00 AM  
Blogger Aswin Anand T.H. said...

Even java was a pet language once upon a time... :D

1/27/2006 10:51:00 AM  
Blogger Sunil Jagadish said...

Sounds good. What kind of a language are you looking at? Func./Dynamic/Procedural...?

1/28/2006 09:47:00 AM  
Blogger Yuvi Panda said...

Dynamic. Procedural. And Functional as well:D. And, as the name says : Easy:D

1/28/2006 09:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home