Note: This blog has been moved to http://blog.yuvisense.net

Friday, January 20, 2006

From Windows...

Hi Guys. I'm posting this from Windows, and am pretty much happier to be back here. My First Experience with Linux didn't prove to be that much Great.... Well, it isn't as fast and responsive as it is hyped to be. For example, when a Windows app hangs, I can see it with my eyes : I can't click on it, my mouse cursor turns a hourglass, I get a Not Responding Signal in the Title Bar, and I can always call my Trusty Task Manager to close it up for me... No such luck in Linux. You don't even know if the app is hung. You just keep clicking, the UI is responding, but the app dosn't respond.... Queer... Strange... And frankly, non-inuitative & Stupid... Then, there's even no way to close that thing : No Task Manager kinda thing, and even right-clicking and clicking close has no effect.... And, the app that was actually hanging was also strange : YaST, which is supposed to be the Control-Panel kinda thing. It kept hanging, and not closing. In the end, I had around 7 "Windows" of YaST Opened up before I shut it down... And, shutting down is also not inuitative : You don't get a clear Shut Down button. Only a log off Button that gives you the option of "Closing Session", "Restarting" or "Shutting Down". And yet, I stilll can't get Mono to Install. Fancy I'd be getting Mono-Live to download today night, thanks to Sreenivaasan.... And Yes, I'd be downloading it using my Tried and Trusted WindowsXP:P Thanks, and Keep the comments coming....

4 Comments:

Blogger Aswin Anand T.H. said...

try fedora or ubuntu...u will have a more pleasent experience..

1/20/2006 10:26:00 AM  
Blogger Yuvi Panda said...

Well, I have got Fedora up in a DVD, but it requires me to burn it to 4 CDs. The CDs are not a problem, but I fancy that it'd require atleast 5 GB for the install, and I'vnt got that much free space:((

Anyway, I'm in the process of cleaning up my System, and If I get more than 10 GB Free Space, I'd get Fedora in...

1/21/2006 04:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info
adult dvd wholesale basketball concerta insurance coverage tiers surveillance after 92f11 oral sex affiliate marketing ebook facial skin care free forex trading course maternity apparel las vegas tx lottery fantasy lingerie mighty mule gate opener levaquin generic levitra sauna kit online merchant account structure lamictal gti volkswagen

7/13/2006 12:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your comments about Linux only show your ignorance and inexperience using the Linux platform, (big deal some noob did not have the determination and patience to actually learn how to use it)

8/14/2008 04:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home