Note: This blog has been moved to http://blog.yuvisense.net

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

ClearType : WOWWWWWWWW

Well, when was the last time you saw a technology that made your jaw hit the floor ? Well, the last time that happened to me was when I saw a TFT Monitor in a Reliance Webworld. And, this time, it's ClearType.... Well, I've heard about it before, but I tried it this time only. Well, and to say that I was blown away by it would be an understatement. It dosn't seem bolder, but darker. And, overall, It just looks like seeing it on Paper... Fantastic.... Now, if you have Windows XP and have ClearType disabled, then you're clearly missing something. For some strange and unkown [to me] Reason, cleartype is disabled by default in Windows XP Systems, though having Cleartype enabled would've clearly given Windows XP a Marketing Advantage.... Anyway, here are 5 Simple Steps to enable ClearType on your System: 1. Go to the Display Properties 2. Go to the Appearances Tab 3. Click on the Effects Button 4. Check the Box Saying "Use the Following Method to Smooth the edge of Screen Fonts", and select ClearType in the ComboBox Below.. 5. Click OK and OK again... And, there you go! ClearType is on in your System! Well, you'd just notice the Change immediately. Reading just becomes a Pleasure... WOW... And, the next thing I'm goanna do is to enable ClearType on all our School Systems, especially the one used for Internet Browsing. But, why is that ClearType is not enabled by default in all Windows XP Systems ? Probably, an anti-competitive practice:P. But seriously, that's just plain un-inutiative that Users have to do someting manual to get such a must-have feature like ClearType. I'm goanna mail to Scooble to know why.... Well, on a side note, I've ditched my Tech Blog at Blogsome, and I'd be doing my Tech Blog posts here itself. And, the First Revision test starts tomorrow tith the dangerous Tamil Exams[sic]. Hope to crack it.... Thanks, and keep the comments flowing....

3 Comments:

Blogger Sunil Jagadish said...

Cleartype is awesome! Good luck for your tests! I'm sure you'll crack it well. :)

1/17/2006 10:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But I heared that ClearType is good only if you have a TFT or a Flat Screen monitor like the one that is present in Portable devices or in laptop.

I have enabled it in my office System since it has a Flat Screen monitor.

1/18/2006 07:38:00 AM  
Blogger Yuvi Panda said...

Nah. You've gotta have TFT to have maximum benifit, but it still rocks on CRT tooo....

1/19/2006 01:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home