Note: This blog has been moved to http://blog.yuvisense.net

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Crack at a Spammer...

I did this quite some time ago, but the thought of Posting this here came only today.... Well, Sudar knows of some funny spam. Well, after I read that post originally on November 2005, I decided to read some of the Spam in my Yahoo Spam Box and see what's there. So, first up, I came across this :
Dear Friend,

I cannot imagine the surprise this will bring to you, but please be 
rest 
assured it is with good faith and intentions from a friend in dare need 
of 
your assistance.This is to help us transfer the inheritance sum of 
US$7,700,000 (Seven Million Seven Hundred U.S Dollars) into your 
account or 
company's account, in which God will bless you for rendering a helping 
Hand 
to others.

My name is Mr. kwame Jacobs, and I work with First Atlanta Company in 
Ghana 
and i am writing in respect of Mr.Choi Soohyun a customer who perished 
in a 
plane crash [Korean Air Flight 801] with the whole passengers on board 
on 
August 6, 1997.

I personally have watched with Keen interest Since the demise of this 
our 
customer to see the next of kin but all has proved abortive as no One 
has 
come to claim his funds of US$7,700,000, which has been with my company 
for 
a very long time. On this note, I decided to seek for whom his name 
shall be 
used as the next of kin as no one has come up to be the next of kin. 
Below 
is the website of the plane crash,

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9708/06/guam.passenger.list/

For your efforts, I am prepared to offer you 30% of the total sum while 
5% 
will be set aside for expenses incurred during the course of this 
Transaction, 5% for the less Privileged in the society and the 
Remaining 60% 
is for me and my Partners.

Please note that this transaction is risk-free and the major thing I 
ask of 
you is to assure me the safety of the money when transferred to your 
account. Further Information and arrangement will commence as soon as 
trust, 
Confidence and good relationship is established.

I shall be most grateful if you maintain the confidentiality required 
In 
this transaction. Do not hesitate to contact me for further Directives 
to 
enable us commence towards the conclusion of this transaction.

Please respond to this mail using my email address :

I wait for your prompt response.

Thanks and God bless,

kwame Jacobs.
Well, a typical, classical African Spam. So, instead of just keeping it in my Spam Box, I just decided to give my feedback to the spammer :
Hi Dr. Patrick Allain, I think I am good enough to
detect a Phishing attack like this. Spelling Mistakes,
Wrong Capitalization and a great eye for Details mark
a really good spammer. And, I saw all these here : 
You got the name of a Plane which Crashed, saw the list of 
the passengers who died, found the name of the man whose
Country couldn't be determined, Harvested my eMail
from somewher(probably my Blog), and sent me this
Mail...

Kudos to you man, but I'm not falling for this...

On the Other Hand, I do have respect for your
abilities, and I think you could put them to good use
And, I actually got a reply for this from that spammer! :
thank you alot mr yuri.well i do not have much to write 
since you are convience inside you that it is a game.
thats ok .but for accepting me as a friend,i appreciate it 
and will keep intouch with you.
 
kwame jacobs 
Not to be outdone, I replied to this as well :
More spelling mistakes.. Dude, you've gotta get a
Spell Checker if you wanna convince people that you're
serious:P
Well, maybe that guy's abandoned that email ID, but I'm still to get a Reply for this.... Spam is so much fun, isn't it ?:D

1 Comments:

Blogger Sunil Jagadish said...

IT quizzers know this email as the - 419 scam :)
Spam is not fun!! :D

4/23/2006 08:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home