[Tech]My First, No-Bugs Interpreter!
#Region "Marketing blah-blah"
Well, that Idea came to me yesterday. I've previously read about the HQ9+ Language, and I consider it to be the easiest to learn and teach language EVER. Like, I can teach it in 2 mins to ANYONE and they'll learn to use it to it's full Capacity! And, however hard yout ry, you just cannot make a Syntax Error! It's case-insensitive, just as I like it.
Well, I didn't design the Language. It was designed by Cliff L. Biffle, a Google Employee. Well, I can't find any decent Interpreters for it, so I forgot it....
Yesterday night, while deseperately trying to sleep, I just got that Idea : Our own HQ9+ Interpreter! So, first thing in the morning[Well, not exactly the first], I started up VS 2005 and started it. It was complete, with testing and debugging, in just 15 min!
It has some really great productivity featuers. Some programming tasks that take many lines and hours of code in other languages can be accomplished with a single character in HQ9+!
It's a revolution in Enterprise RAD! It helps to create added Enterprise Value to ehancing the productivity of your Enterprise! It is blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Download the code here, and the executable here, and be on your way to increaseing your Productivity Manyfold using our market-leading HQ9+ Interpreter!
Well, that's for Marketing. Real truth is, HQ9+ is an Esoteric Programming Language! Well, Esoteric Programming Languages are the perfect examples of Nobodyware as described by Eric Sink : The Developer creates it, but Nobody uses it:D So, the sole reason for it's existance is for the pleasure of the Creator...
Well, HQ9+ is pretty much the simplest Esoteric Language, so I implemented it.
Well, a small intro :
- It has 4 Instructions
- H, which prints "Hello World!"
- Q, which prints the entire source of the program. Try doing this in C# or VB.NET, and you'll see how hard it gets:D
- 9, which prints the Lyrics of the 99 Bottles of Beer Song. Note that since I'm creating an interpreter which must conform to the standards, I'm using this song.
- +, which increments an internal accumulator. And, in consistent with standard Data Hiding Practices, there is no way to access that accumulator....:D
- Everything else is a comment! This has the side effect that ANY English Text is a valid HQ9+ Program! This post is a Program! Heck, even the Shakespeare wrote a HQ9+ Program when he wrote A Merchant of Venice:D
This one prints Hello World! Twice...
This on prints the Lyrics of the Song 99 Bottles of Beer twice...
This stores the value 10 in the accumulator, and prints Hello World!
This prints Hello World Twice, then prints the program, hhQ9++h, once, then prints the lyrics of the song 99 Bottles of beer, increments the accumulator twice, and the n prints Helllo World again. Pretty simple, huh! :D
Well, I'll be writing more Examples after some time, since reading that Marketing Hoopla Section just made my mind swim....;)
Anyway, just try it:D It's quite well commented, though no rocket science in that code...
Thanks, and keep the comments coming....
Technorati Tags: .NET, HQ9+, Esoteric Languages, Marketing Crap, Attribution Assurance licence