Note: This blog has been moved to http://blog.yuvisense.net

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Linux Sucks...

Sorry Sorry Sorry Sorry.... I've been trying to avoid harsh language in my Blog, but this time, Linux Screwed up my System to such an extent that I just can't stop.... Well, if you've been reading this blog, you know of my stint with Linux(SuSE and Fedora) and my bad Impression against SuSE.... But, something happened today which will make sure that I never reccomend Linux to any Sane Person whom I meet... Well, it all started really simple : I was in IM with Aswin, and we were talking about putting up Mambo in our SourceForge WebSpace for Easy. The Conversation shifted to the tools we used to upload them. I said that I used WinSCP to copy them, while Aswin said he used OpenSSH in Linux to get them up.... Well, I said I'd be blogging about why Linux won't excite the Normal User if it doesn't do something serious, soon. He asked me to go on... But then, I decided, since he had reccommended Ubuntu Linux to me, I wanted to try it out before posting my views on it..... Well, the Ubuntu Linux had the Worst Setup I've ever seen. It took me almost 30-40 mins to get it up, and in the end, it just gave me a command line Interface! Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Stupid.... And, then, after it, I just thought of starting up my Windows XP to get rid of Ubuntu, when to my Horror I found that Ubuntu has Screwed up with my Windows Installation! ^#@#$@#$^@#&@#@#^@#^!@ it! Well, atleast I dual booted into Windows 98, and thankfully found that all my Data is safe..... Well, I'm writing this from Knoppix Now, and I'm never ever ever ever ever going to install any Type of Linux in my System, or encourage anyone to install it to their System.... Well, Dad still doesn't know of this, but when he does come to know of this, I'm sure he's goaana blast me.... Well, hope to get a WinXP CD from Somewhere and Reinstall my System. Hope I could get it right.... Linux Sucks.... Linux Sucks.... Linux Sucks.... Well, atleast, I'm not going to write about the Original Post I was going to write till I could get my Windows XP System back up and running... Thanks, and Keep the comments coming....

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, linux is worse, but not that much worse. well why not give slackware a try and tell, and blog about what is lame in suse?

2/01/2006 05:57:00 PM  
Blogger Aswin Anand T.H. said...

Well, to start with, i wont agree that linux sucks. Its GUI is superb and offers almost all features that windows does.

Second, its a matter of personal choice. The more you work in windows, the more you like it...the same applies to linux also. Ofcourse, it takes a lot of pain to configure USB tools etc. but those things are changing and linux is getting a lot better.

You should try & attend linux community meets. They are as full as the microsoft events. And 1 more thing...you wouldn't have explored enough to call it sucks !

2/02/2006 09:51:00 AM  
Blogger Sunil Jagadish said...

A very much over-debated topic. :)

2/02/2006 11:26:00 AM  
Blogger Yuvi Panda said...

Well, Aswin that's true : The More I work with Windows, the More I Like it...

But, consider this : I first started working with Windoes some 5 Years back, I had absolutely No Problems with it... Infact, it was simple enough for a dumb 9 year old to learn it himself...

And, yes, it's a lot of pain to do some/many things, and until that changes, I'm not goaana change to Linux... Would you take to something that has all the features you want and is painless or one that has almost all the features you want, but still painful sometimes ?

And, yep, I've not yet explored enough to call it sucks. But, I've atleast tried to Explore, but have always been set back.

But then, if you had read any bit of Sherlock Holmes, then it would've been very much clear that I gave that title because Linux Screwed up my System, more than anything else...:P

Well, it's a matter of Personal Taste as well : I like Windows, you like Linux; I like VB.NET, you like C#; I like Bugsbunny, you like Daffy Duck:P; I like Bread, you Like something else:D

2/02/2006 04:10:00 PM  
Blogger Vijay said...

Hey fella..Its hard to believe that you are a geek aint love of linux. Ubuntu Rox Bro! Its installaiton is simplest and solid among all the insallation stuff. There is not much to play around for .NET guyz in linux go play yourself on M$ windows. No offence but still Windows SUX! No hard feeling huh! Chill

2/19/2006 10:37:00 AM  
Blogger Senthil said...

as far as i know GNU/Linux rocks and ubuntu has been used in many server based applications in industries and as a desktop in homes. U should understand onething u should never say Linux sucks because it screwed ur system. It screwed ur system may be because u didnot install it correctly . Most of the geeks feel that it is windows that sucks.i too feel the same way.GNU/Linux is the best operating system.

3/01/2006 05:57:00 AM  
Blogger Senthil Kumaran.S said...

If you say that linux sucks then, you dont describe about yourself as "I am a Geek and love programming and developing". Silly guy you use some M$ stuff and you speak about Linux??? You suck to the core man...
And watch your words.. you are not old enough (coz you showed you are a kid) to recommend Linux to people...

3/01/2006 06:05:00 AM  
Blogger Yuvi Panda said...

yep:D I'm really not old enough to reccomend it to them, except, for example, Knoppix to do some emergency System Rescue. Well, And, I used Linux, so am writing about it. And, maybe,I'd be getting a Post about this thing sooner than later...

3/02/2006 08:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You uh...forgot to tell ubuntu to install a GUI you know the pretty thing that makes windows go vroom! And besides...it would take about 5 more minutes to get an interface and not a command line...

sudo apt-get install gnome

or something like that. And ubuntu messing up your windows installation? You either messed up the partition editing or didnt setup grub right. Linux is do it yourself to the max, you have to know or at least READ the manual before jumping in. Ubuntu has a live boot cd, its what got me turned onto linux.

3/23/2006 06:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home