Note: This blog has been moved to http://blog.yuvisense.net

Sunday, May 07, 2006

[NetBeans]First Start...

Now, previously, I've written about my First Experiences with Installing Netbeans. I came out with a not-so-favourable Impression, but Aswin reminded me that It actually required a min of 384 MB of RAM. So, I'm not complaining. But, Still, I don't know why, Visual Studio 2005, which is far more bigger, is much faster on my system. Maybe, it'll change tomorrow, for reasons I'll post tomorrow:D

So, I started it up. Well, it took exactly 4 mins 25 seconds for the Window to show up, invalidated. Then, it took 3 minutes 13 seconds more for the contents to show up. Well, but then was my Complete Dismay : My Desktop is not a standard WinXP Desktop. Two days before, my System would've looked like OS X. Today, it's profused with Dragonz. So, I customize my Desktop a lot, and it Net beans doesn't even reflect my setting! My Tabs look different in NetBeans than in any other app. Well well well, what can I say? Nothing. I don't know anything about Swing, so I can't say anything about it....

But then, when I tried to create an empty project, it took some 3 or 4 mins to finish up. And, then, It took some 10 or 20 secs for a single CLICK TO REGISTER!...

Well, I thought the Minimum Requirement label was like how it was in VS 2005 : You can easily ignore it:D But, turns out to be otherwise... So, I'm giving up Netbeans right now, but not for long:D

1 Comments:

Blogger jomy said...

yeah...netbeans does such depressing stuff !!

Takes eons to load ...but it does such a faboulous job as an editor ...like srikanth said ..makes u concentrate more on ur project !!

Highly recommended !

5/09/2006 10:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home