Note: This blog has been moved to http://blog.yuvisense.net

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Riddle going...

Hi Again, I have started Riddle, though I was planning to get started on eBookShelf. That's because, I've gotta find some library to read PDFs, while I don't need any for Riddle's Diary... So, here I start. As Usual, I am starting on the Back-End First. The XML based Data Files prove to be good enough. And, I've got the Designs ok and the Object Model Finished.... And, for the First time, I am thinking of Drawing some Diagrams for them, the Object Models. If I do, I'd surely get them to you...... And, the Licence for Riddle's Diary : I am in a confusion about wether to go OpenSource or Remail Closed-Source but Open Architectured. I'd like someone to confuse me and to convince me to go one way or another. If one of you can please help me in this regard, leave me a comment or Mail me. And, a Lot of Thanks goes to Sriram K, who Inspired me to do Riddle. I would've been nothing if my Cousin Sudar hasn't Introduced me to Computers when i was in 4th STD. And, I couldn't Thank my Dad enough for buying me a Computer, without which all these wouldn't have been possible.... Thanks, and Be Right Back....

2 Comments:

Blogger Sudar said...

You may or may not open the source code. But built it on top of an open architecture, so that other developers can build plug-ins for your app and make it much more useful and powerful.

So expose some api’s for other developers to add more functionality to your app.

9/09/2005 02:59:00 AM  
Blogger Yuvi Panda said...

Yeah. Without Plug-In support and an open architecture, I don't think Any App can survive.

Ofcourse, Riddle is open architectured in the fact that the Data File Format is open and simple XML.

And, Thanks for starting, Na;)

9/09/2005 08:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home