Note: This blog has been moved to http://blog.yuvisense.net

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

BaBIE Reborn....

Hi Again, Well, some of you may remember my First Project called BaBIE, which stood for Build a better Internet Explorer. Well, but, since it has long been abandoned and forgotten, primarily starting due to the fact that Visual Studio 2005 Beta 1 was toooooo Crashy when I was using it. But, the main reason was:

  1. I am a Real Bombyx Moron with a piece of Apple for a Brain (True)
  2. Visual Studio 2005 Beta 1 Crashed Every Time I Started It (True)
  3. Crashy Components (True)
But, Now, After I pondered over for some meaningful use of my Time, My Eyes went back to my old blog(Which has been Forgotten), the Idea of Project BaBIE returned to me. Now, the Retail Version of the Visual Basic Express Editions were available, and the WebBrowser Control that ships with .NET 2.0 has proven to be Quite good, I suppose I could bring it back to life..... But, ofcourse, Everything has to be rewritten. The Basic Framework has to be changed. But, some can be reused. For example, the the Quick Search Component can be reused easily. And, the new Framework will be Easier too... But, this time the work will be a Lot Slower. First, I am now nearing my Public Exams, which should slow things up a LOT. And, ofcourse there is the Imagine Cup. And, ofocurse there are a thousand other things that will keep me out... But, this time though(hopefully), I will not be alone. I suppose I would release it on an Opensource License. Maybe not GPL. But, hope that will be Open...... And, ofcourse, there is the Codename to choose for it. Well, Usually I just look around, but this time, I just got over to WikiSpecies and started clicking on the Random Page link a Couple of Times. And, the Third attempt was fruitful, bringing up this page about the Coelacanth. Well, the Coelacanth was supposed to be an Ancient fish thought to be extinct for millions of years, but was rediscovered 30 years ago! Same thing with BaBIE. I thought it was out and out. I thought it was extinct. But, now it has been rediscovered again. Hope it does not become extinct again.... Thanks, and Be Right Back....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful blog!!! keep it up...

11/23/2005 01:26:00 AM  
Blogger Yuvi Panda said...

Well, Ramesh, that was in BaBIE, and surely in Coelacanth.

11/23/2005 03:34:00 AM  
Blogger Sharath MS said...

Go on Yuvi! Great job!

11/26/2005 10:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home